Case Study: Human Rights Risk and Capacity Assessment at OSRAM
We have been supporting OSRAM since the end of 2016 in undertaking a human rights risk and capacity assessment and establishing continuous due diligence processes across business functions and regions.
twentyfifty conducted a corporate human rights risk and capacity assessment for OSRAM in 2016-2017. The project helped OSRAM to raise internal awareness of:
• External expectations and regulatory initiatives,
• OSRAM’s main human rights risk areas,
• Existing processes for prevention and risk mitigation,
• Improvement potentials based on feedback from different functions and regions.
To support OSRAM in establishing continuous due diligence, we have since been engaged to:
• Develop a draft human rights policy commitment for OSRAM,
• Support OSRAM’s human rights related communication,
• Provide strategic advice to the OSRAM team coordinating the implementation of OSRAM’s human rights due diligence,
• Where required, support different functions in the follow up to the human rights risk and capacity assessment.