The business of a thriving world: Using a human rights approach to unlock business resilience
05 October 2020
Our new learning programme brings together our many years’ experience, our stories from the field, and the frameworks and tools we’ve devised and used over the years to help our clients learn from and respond to the needs of the vulnerable in their value chains. The programme is designed to help practitioners gain a thorough understanding of Human Rights Due Diligence and how to embed it practically within organisations.
twentyfifty have been working with over 100 businesses for almost 20 years to embed corporate responsibility into operations and supply chains. We have worked on the ground all over the world; with CEOs, with farmers, with factory managers. We don't just talk about responsible business, we help businesses to DO it; from the strategy to the ground.
This programme is for you if:
- You believe in the potential of business to be a force for good in the world
- You are looking to practically support your own or other businesses to take action to fulfil this potential
- You want to develop your professional skills and knowledge in human rights and business
- You want a programme that is practical and rooted in real-life case studies and examples
- You want to build a network of supportive and inspiring peers
- You want to learn from the pioneers of human rights and business
- Designed to be appropriate for individuals based anywhere in the world and within any size or type of organisation.
Objectives: By the end of the training you will:
- Know inside out what Human Rights are and why they are important to business
- Understand what is required of businesses with respect to Human Rights including recent legislative developments
- Be able to describe a Human Rights Due Diligence approach and all its nuances
- Have practical experience identifying Human Rights risks and issues, prioritising where to take action, developing thoughtful action plans and engaging other people in the process of respecting Human Rights
- Have a library of tools, templates and guidance to take away to support the implementation of your learning
- Have a network of supportive and inspiring peers
- Feel confident implementing Human Rights Due Diligence in organisations
The programme will take place over 10 weeks with online group sessions every 2 weeks and practical exercises and assignments in between.
- Launch - Monday 5th October 1pm - 2pm UK time
- Building our vocabulary - Thursday 8th October 1pm - 3pm UK time
- What it feels like for a business - Thursday 22nd October 1pm - 3pm UK time
- Risk as vulnerability - Thursday 5th November 1pm - 3pm UK time
- Getting our hands dirty - Thursday 19th November 1pm - 3pm UK time
- Not doing it alone - Thursday 3rd December 1pm - 3pm UK time
Participants will also gain access to a closed LinkedIn group where conversations with other participants and with twentyfifty can continue after the programme is complete.
Pricing & Registration
To register please follow this link. The cost of the 10 week training programme is USD700 + VAT.
Please note that we offer full and partial bursary places for participants on low or no income or with difficult financial circumstances. If you would like to attend but cannot afford the full fees, please get in touch: [email protected]
1-on-1 coaching can also be included as part of your experience. To learn more please get in touch so that we can discuss your needs.