Human Rights Due Diligence in practice (Bern)
27 September 2017
Two-day training in Bern
Human Rights Due Diligence in practice: Leveraging opportunities, mitigating risks, assessing impacts
A two-day training course to build your understanding of how to put the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights into practice
Organizers: Global Compact Network Switzerland, Deutsches Netzwerk, Global Compact Netzwerk Österreich
In cooperation with: Twentyfifty, öbu
This workshop supports the participants to identify human rights related risks and improvement opportunities for their operations and business relationships and to develop solutions and approaches for their business. Participants will learn how to identify and address the potential and actual human rights impacts of their company and what concrete steps for their organisation could look like.
The content is based on the UN Guiding Principles and introduces practical implementation tools and methods as well as concrete examples from businesses.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand how human rights can be made relevant to your business, and communicate that to your internal stakeholders
- Know how to assess the human rights impacts of your business activities and relationships, and develop a programme of assessment within your business
- Give practical examples of how to conduct due diligence, manage risk, avoid complicity and develop grievance mechanisms
- Lead the development of an action plan to implement the UN Guiding Principles within your business
- Integrate human rights due diligence into corporate policies and practices along the value chain
All individuals working in the fields of risk management, compliance, corporate affairs, CSR/sustainability, communication, procurement and supply chain management. It is also open to individuals whose work deals with topics related to human rights who wish to build their capacity to tackle the challenges of human rights due diligence. This training is specifically designed for companies.
CHF 1500.- for Global Compact Network (Switzerland, Germany, Austria) and öbu members and CHF 2000.- for non-members (this includes course materials, lunches and refreshments).
The number of participants is limited to 15